Processing your taxes can be dreadful and inconvenient, more so if you are doing it manually. Plus, because of the risk of COVID 19 infection, it is risky now going to your assigned Revenue District Office (RDO) or the Authorized Agent-Bank (AAB) to facilitate your tax transaction.
Thankfully, the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) is one of the government agencies that is continuously improving its services by going paperless thru digital technology.
Tax compliance is now a breeze. Instead of enduring the long queue in the RDO or the bank, you can stay within the comfort of your homes and pay your taxes using your bank cards or mobile wallet.
What are the online channels available for taxpayers?
BIR Online Filing and Payment System
There are two e-payment options you can use to file and pay your taxes.
1. Electronic Filing and Payment System (eFPS)
The eFPS is a paperless filing and payment of taxes. It processes your transaction faster in contrast to the manual process, which is prone to errors.
The system allows you to encode, submit the return and pay the taxes due online. You can access the eFPS anywhere and any time of the day as long as you have an internet connection.
Moreover, you have to enroll in the system to use the eFPS, subject to BIR’s approval.
Only selected taxpayers are qualified to use the system: top 5,000 individual taxpayers, top 20,000 private corporations, large companies, government bidders, insurance companies, stockbrokers, and national government agencies.
How to Use the eFPS?
Here is the step-by-step guide in using the eFPS.
- Click the eFPS link here: https://efps.bir.gov.ph/
- Click the “Enroll to eFPS” button.
- Fill in the required fields of the Enrollment Form and click the “Submit” button. Note: The system will ask you to nominate a bank account maintained with any eFPS-Authorized Agent Bank (eFPS-AAB). So, it would be best if you enrolled your BIR credentials with the bank for you to use their e-payment system.
- Wait for the BIR email informing you of your enrollment’s approval or disapproval within 3-10 business days. If approved, you have to nominate your username and password and perform all the functions within eFPS. If unapproved, you may try online option number 2.
- To file and pay your tax due, fill-up the appropriate fields in the desired BIR Form.
- Click the “Proceed to Payment” button and fill-up the required information in the Payment Form.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- You will receive a generated Filing Reference Number (FRN) for every successful filing transaction. The system will embed the FRN at the upper right-hand corner of the return.
- You will also receive a confirmation number issued by your eFPS-AAB after the system electronically debited your account. The confirmation number is usually displayed on the eFPS-AAB e-payment facility and in the Payment Confirmation screen.
- Print and file the tax return with the FRN and the Confirmation Number for tax audit purposes.
2. Electronic Bureau of Internal Revenue Forms (eBIRForms) V 7.9
The eBIRForms is a tax preparation software that allows taxpayers to prepare and file tax returns electronically, improving BIR’s efficiency and accuracy in preparing and filing tax returns.
Taxpayers can directly encode data, validate, edit, save, delete, view, print, and submit their tax returns in the system. The package can do automatic computations and can validate information encoded by taxpayers.
How to Use the eBIRForms
Please click this link to know the step-by-step guide in using the eBIRForms.
Correctly paying our taxes is part of our responsibility as taxpayers and citizens of this country. No matter how small or big our tax payment is, this will go a long way in funding the Philippines’ various government projects.
Manage your tax worries at bay by knowing the online payment channels to pay your taxes on time.
If you need help in filing and paying your taxes, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please show us your LOVE and CARE. Like or Share this post.