I renewed my Non-Professional Driver’s License recently. And guess what? The Land Transportation Office (LTO) gave me a 10-year valid Driver’s License (DL).
Unfortunately, not everyone can get a DL with a more extended validity period. New DL applicants and those renewing will have to meet certain conditions.
10-year Valid Driver’s License Renewal 2022 Requirements
1. Driver’s License Renewal 2022 Course (DLRC)
All driver’s license applicants, whether new or renewing, will have to take the DLRC, which is available in the LTMS Portal.
This 5-hour course consists of audiovisual and presentation materials for the Comprehensive Driver’s Education (CDE) Program. At the end of the seminar, drivers should take a 25-item validation examination. They should pass the exam. Otherwise, they will retake it until they pass.
TIP: You may proceed to take the online exam without taking the renewal course, which I did, and I passed the exam.
Once you pass the exam, the LTMS Portal will send you an Online Validation Exam Certificate. You should print and have it ready when you process your DL application to the LTO.
2. Medical Certificate (MC)
I got my Medical Certificate from an LTO-accredited clinic just outside the LTO. This one is a lot easier to secure. The physician will get your physical information and let you read some alphabet for the visual test. I paid P500.00 for the Medical Certificate, and after a few minutes, my MC was ready.
3. No apprehension found for the last five years
This is the most crucial of all the requirements. You should not be involved in traffic violations for the last five years following your renewal date. The LTO will inform you if you are qualified to get a 10-year driver’s license.
4. Expired Driver’s License
You need to surrender your expired driver’s license to renew.
How to get a 10-year Driver’s License and How much renewal of license LTO Philippines?
- Gather all the documentary requirements mentioned above and go to the nearest LTO;
- Submit the documents – Online Validation Exam, Medical Certificate, and a photocopy of your expired DL, to Window 1;
- An LTO personnel will call your name in one of the windows. He will inform you if you are qualified to get a 10-year DL. Pay P585.00 for the Renewal Fee;
- Go to another window to register your biometrics. The system will get your fingerprints, pictures, and signature. Review the information carefully. Wait for your newly-printed 10-year valid DL.
Renewing my driver’s license is challenging in the light of the pandemic that we are still fighting. Now, I am happy to have a driver’s license, which I can use for ten years. I am good on the road, and I deserve to have an extended validity period.