Do you need to go out to buy house essentials regularly? For small business owners like us, regular grocery visit is required to replenish our inventory and supplies. Otherwise, we would end up getting a lot of dissatisfied customers due to unserved orders.
We buy our groceries and supplies in Bacolod shopping malls. Visitors entering a mall are required to scan the QR code of their Bac Trac ID with that of the mall’s Covid Contact Tracing System (CCTS) Logger.
The Bac Trac ID works like a digital logbook, which records the date and time of your visit to public places such as the mall or restaurants. This high-tech monitoring system makes it easy for the local government to locate people suspected of having contact with someone who is COVID 19 positive.
What will happen if you do not have a Bac Trac ID?
The Bac Trac ID is issued only to Bacolod residents. Non-Bacolod residents are still required to manually write their names, address, and contact numbers in the mall’s logbook.
The manual method is unclean and unsafe since registrants are using the same record journal and pen. Nobody can tell if the person or persons before you who register are infected with the virus.
How to get your Bac Trac ID even if you are not a Bacolod resident?
The procedure is straightforward. Just access the South Cotabato COVID Contact Tracing System (SC-CCTS) application and follow the instructions.
- Go to South Cotabato website;
- On the Home page, click the “Register” and “Citizen” buttons found at the extreme top-right portion of your screen;
- Fill-up the Citizen Registration Form;
- Indicate an active email address and mobile phone number for accessibility during contact tracing;
- You can ADD household members. Make sure that they are living with you in the same house.
- Check the Captcha box, that you are not a robot and click “Register”;
- Click “Yes” to the Confirmation/Consent pop-window;
- Click the “Download” button to download the CCTS card;
- Save your digital CCTS card to your mobile phone, or you may print the ID card;
- If you failed to download, click “Services” and “Request Downloadable CCTS Card”;
- Present your digital or physical copy of your CCTS card to the authorities when entering public places.
In adopting this modern approach to monitoring the movement of its residents within and outside the city, the local government unit can easily trace people with or suspected to have COVID 19 virus. The public office may immediately conduct the necessary actions to stop the spread of the infection.
The SC-CCTS is a web-based and mobile-based application that is simple and easy to navigate. It is approved by the Regional Inter-Agency Task Force – Region 12 and Regional Task Force on COVID 19 – Region 12.