SSS Unemployment Benefit / Good news to all SSS members. The request and issuance of a Certificate of Unemployment or Involuntary Separation issued by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) are now processed online. The DOLE certificate is required for the SSS Unemployment Benefit application.
What are the requirements of the online application of SSS Unemployment Benefit?
- Notice of Termination issued by the employer or Duly Notarized Affidavit of Termination of Employment;
- Government-issued Identification Card;
- Active Gmail account where the Certificate will be emailed
What are the steps of the online application?
- Access the DOLE Regional Office website nearest you. You may search your region’s website using these keywords: “dole + region name”;
- From the Home Page, scroll down and look for the “Request for Certificate of Involuntary Separation” button;
- The system will lead you to this screen. Read DOLE’s Data Privacy Disclosure and click the “Next” button;
- Fill up all the required data and click the “Next” button until you reach the last page;
- Attach a photocopy of one of your government-issued IDs and the photocopy of the Notice of Termination or Duly Notarized Affidavit of Termination of Employment;
- Follow the uploading instructions;
- Click the “Submit” button and “OK” in the confirmation box.
- Check your inbox for the Acknowledgement Receipt from DOLE;
- Check your inbox for the status of your online application. DOLE will send the Certificate to your email.
The pandemic brings out the best in each one of us. DOLE has level-up its services by having one of these e-filing services to the public. This move is timely, considering we are still fighting the spread of the coronavirus.
Now, we can process our request for DOLE-related services within the comfort of our homes and send the application for our SSS Unemployment Benefit.
Did you experience filing your DOLE-related request online? Please comment below. We are glad to know how you rate the e-services of DOLE.
Related Post: 3 Easy Steps to SSS Unemployment Benefit Application
Did you apply for the SSS Unemployment Benefit? Was it approved, and you received the proceeds? Please share these in the Comments Section.